Your trail headquarters!
Mount Emily Recreation Area (MERA) is located in the Blue Mountains of NE Oregon midway between Portland and Boise just off Interstate 84 outside the town of La Grande in the Grande Ronde Valley. La Grande is the county seat of Union County and has full services available.
MERA was established by Union County in 2008 with a combination of grants from the Oregon State Parks and Recreation Department ATV Grant Program and the Blue Mountain Habitat Restoration Grant Program for it’s natural resource and recreational opportunities. Today MERA provides multi-use recreation, education, and natural resources for Union County and it’s visitors.
MERA is managed by the Union County Parks Department with input from the MERA Advisory Committee and the efforts of community partners, supporters, and volunteers, to make MERA something we are proud to share with you. Come stretch your legs and see what we have been up to.
• Open year round
• Separate motorized and non-motorized areas
• 45 miles of non-motorized trails
• 45 miles of motorized trails
• Elevation range 2900 to 5600 feet
• Average precipitation 16 inches, primarily snow
• World class archery range
• Free camping at Fox Hill Campground
• Outstanding views of the Grande Ronde Valley
and surrounding mountains and abundant wildlife