Mount Emily Recreation Area (MERA) is located in the Blue Mountains of NE Oregon midway between Portland and Boise just off Interstate 84 outside the town of La Grande in the Grande Ronde Valley. La Grande is the county seat of Union County and has full services available.
MERA was established by Union County in 2008 with a combination of grants from the Oregon State Parks and Recreation Department ATV Grant Program and the Blue Mountain Habitat Restoration Grant Program for it’s natural resource and recreational opportunities. The property had previously been private timberland that allowed recreational uses which was in danger of being sub-divided and closed to the public. Today MERA provides multi-use recreation, education, and natural resources for Union County and it’s visitors.
MERA is managed by the Union County Parks Department with input from the MERA Advisory Committee and the efforts of community partners, supporters, and volunteers, to make MERA something we are proud to share with you. Come stretch your legs and see what we have been up to.
• Open year round
• Separate motorized and non-motorized areas
• Developed primary trailheads with restrooms
• 45 miles of non-motorized trails
• 40 miles of motorized trails
• Elevation range 2900 to 5600 feet
• Average precipitation 16 inches, primarily snow
• Adjoins Wallowa-Whitman NF to the north
• World class archery range
• Free camping at Fox Hill Campground
• Outstanding views of the Grande Ronde Valley
and surrounding mountains
• Abundant wildlife
Scan QR Code to download map.
Remember to turn on your
GPS for 'You Are Here' option
when on the trails.
UPDATED QR SCAN CODE-must be rescanned for
the updates to apply.
Printable PDF map is the most updated trail map.